Socure is headquartered in NYC and is the leader in machine learning driven digital identity verification. The company’s predictive analytics platform applies artificial intelligence and machine learning to trusted online/offline sources to verify identities in real-time across the web with the singular mission to become the trusted source of identities on the internet.
Socure was named a Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Star, Red Herring Top 100 Private Tech Company and currently services 2 of the top 5 banks, 5 of the top 10 issuers, multiple shared marketplaces, the leading insurance underwriters, top 3 payroll service providers, top 3 telcos and the majority of consumer facing fintechs.
Socure’s Senior Data Scientist will play a key role as part of our next generation analytics team. YOU will apply expertise with advanced analytics and cloud computing technologies while working alongside our industry leading technologists and data scientists to solve large-scale, complex, and challenging problems for our clients.
In this role you will:
- Develop machine learning, data mining, statistical, and graph-based algorithms designed to analyze massive data sets; partner with Cloud technologists to ensure proper implementation and usage of said algorithms.
- Analyze large data sets to develop multiple, custom models and algorithms to drive innovative correlations for fraud and acceptance data as well as social data.
- Provide analytic support to the data science team.
- Develop machine learning models to apply test data algorithms to future data.
- Develop models of current state in order to determine improvements needed.
- Implement new data modeling solutions and improvements to existing solutions.
- Report out on product/project status to senior management and clients.
- Work well in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Mathematics, Statistics or similar or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3+ years of industry experience working in a similar role.
- Experience in developing data-driven algorithms in information retrieval, relevance, or machine learning and working with distributed systems.
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, Java, Scala, Python, C/C++, SQL, HQL, SPARQL for RDF.
- Understanding of: Spark, Hadoop/Hive, StarDog, Amazon Redshift, MongoDB.
- Experience with R, data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Programming experience in (1 or more): Python/Shell/C/Java/Scala.
- Working knowledge of Relational Data Base Systems.
- Effective, clear and credible communicator across all levels of the organization.
- Metrics + results driven team player who loves a challenge and thrives in the start-up environment.
A few of the many perks we offer:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A group of highly intelligent peers that are all working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- ...and so much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.